August 19, 2014 – Progress Toward a Tobacco-Free Military. You can view the slides here. The speaker follow-up Q&A is available here. A link to Help Your Patients Quit Tobacco Use: An Implementation Guide for the Armed Forces can be found here.
November 21, 2013 – Community Health Centers and Tobacco Cessation. A link to the Help Your Patients Quit Tobacco Use: An Implementation Guide for Community Health Centers can be found here.
December 14, 2012 – Meaningful Use and Tobacco Cessation. You can view the slides here. A meaningful use fact sheet for Clinicians and Healthcare Systems and a fact sheet for State Tobacco Programs are available for download.
June 13, 2012 – Advancing Tobacco Cessation Policy: Stories from the States. You can view the slides here.
February 8, 2012 – “Saving Money” The Massachusetts Medicaid Tobacco Cessation Benefit. You can view the slides here. Please click here to view the Q&A from the webinar.
November 3, 2011 – Helping Patients Quit: Implementing The Joint Commission Tobacco Measure Set in Your Hospital. You can view the slides here. Please click here to view the Q&A from the webinar.
- Interview with Christopher Keith Haddock: Tobacco Sales and “Exceptionalism” in the United States Military New
- Interview with Michael Fiore: Healthcare in America — Addressing Patient Tobacco Use
- Interview with David Abrams: Innovative Tobacco Control Research at the Schroeder Institute
- Interview with AAFP: The Office Champions Tobacco Cessation Project
- The “Anti-Smoking Guy”: Interview with John O’Hara
- Military and Civilian Tobacco Control Partnerships: Interview with Colleen Haydon, Project Uniform
- The City University of New York Tobacco-Free Policy: Interview with Luis Manzo
- Addiction Incorporated: Interview with Mitch Zeller
- E-cigarettes – Good or Bad for Tobacco Cessation? – May 23, 2014
- ACA Not a Panacea for Prevention – November 29, 2012
- Disparities in Tobacco Use – September 25, 2012
- The Case of the Missing Prevention – September 12, 2012
- FDA Needs to Regulate All Tobacco Products – August 3, 2012
- What makes quitlines a powerful tool in building public-private partnerships? – May 25, 2012
- Hard-Hitting “Tips from Former Smokers” Advertisements Will Save Lives – March 15, 2012
- Surgeon General Report Highlights the Issue of Youth Tobacco Use – March 9, 2012
- The Role of Hospitals in Helping Patients Quit – November 11, 2011
- FDA’s Achievements in Tobacco Control – October 8, 2011
- Community Health Centers and Tobacco Cessation – August 10, 2011
- Smoking in Top-Grossing Movies – July 14, 2011
- Joint Commission Announces Final Tobacco Measure Set – July 6, 2011
- Second Anniversary of the Tobacco Control Act – June 22, 2011
- FDA Announces New Cigarette Warning Labels – June 21, 2011
- Progress at the FDA Center for Tobacco Products – June 14, 2011
- Partnership and Legacy Sponsor Webinar on Engaging Employers in Tobacco Control – June 10, 2011
- World No Tobacco Day 2011 – May 31, 2011
- New Partnership for Prevention Case Study: Colorado’s Tobacco Cessation Leadership – May 9, 2011
- FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Removal of Menthol Cigarettes – March 21, 2011
- Public Health Groups Call on Major League Baseball to Ban Tobacco…You Can Too – March 14, 2011
- Doctors Urge Indoor Tanning Ban for Minors, Smoking Linked to Infant Heart Defects named “Best/Worst News for Prevention” – March 7, 2011
- Smokefree for Life – “Congratulations, Mr. President” – February 10, 2011
- 10,000 Steps a Day Leads to Better Insulin Sensitivity, Smoking Causes Damage in Minutes named “Best/Worst News for Prevention” – January 25, 2011
- Partnership Announces 2011 ActionToQuit Grantees – January 7, 2011
- Partnership Gives Comments to U.S. Food and Drug Administration – January 6, 2011